When you want to give a big crowd everything they want, this is the outdoor speaker for you.
With 500 watts driving twin 10-inch 2-way speakers in a bass-optimized ported enclosure, this acoustic powerhouse pumps out high-voltage sound that shakes the rafters.
Stream your favorite music from any Bluetooth device or listen to the pre-game show on its built-in FM radio. Its trapezoidal-shaped cabinet is a perfect fit for your trunk and projects the sound at the optimum angle, whether you’re at the beach or in the stadium parking lot.
A 12V input jack and cables let you power it right from your car, or use Road Warrior’s own rechargeable battery. The lighted stereo speakers add the perfect visual touch to the fun.
Frequently Asked Questions
How loud can the Road Warrior get?
The ION Audio Road Warrior comes with 2 powerful 10-inch woofers and 2 1-inch tweeters and can pump out your music at a huge 500W (250W per channel), so it'll shake the rafters and pump out massive audio for any situation.
How long does the battery last?
On a full charge, the battery will last up to 12 hours when no lights are in use, or 9 hours with the lights fully on.
How do I pair my Bluetooth device?
The ION Audio Road Warrior has NFC pairing functionality built in, meaning that there are two ways to pair a Bluetooth device. NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check in your device’s manual to see if this feature is supported.
Standard Pairing Process
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Road Warrior and press the Source button to switch to Bluetooth mode, shown on the display as — — — to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Road Warrior” and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter “0000”.
- The Bluetooth icon will be lit solid when a device is paired to Road Warrior.
Note: Users should consider updating their OS if experiencing trouble with pairing or playing music.
- Press the Bluetooth button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device.
NFC Pairing Process
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’sSettings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on Road Warrior.
- Put Road Warrior in Bluetooth mode, shown on the display as— — —, with either a flashing or solid Bluetooth icon.
- Touch and briefly hold your device to the NFC logo.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- To unpair, gently bump your device against the NFC logo located on Road Warrior’s top panel.
What type of audio sources does the Road Warrior have? Does it have an FM radio?
The ION Audio Road Warrior can play audio from a number of different sources, including:
- Bluetooth connection
- FM Radio
- 1/8" Aux input
- Mic input
Additionally, it has a USB charging port that is not used for playing back audio, but can be used for charging USB devices.
Can it be run from a power source instead of the battery?
Yes! It includes two power connections - an AC power cable to connect to a wall electrical socket, and a 12V DC power cable which allows the unit to be connected to be powered from a car battery.
Note: When connected to a car battery, the unit will not play as loudly as while on battery power or connected to a wall socket. This is to ensure that it does not damage the car's internal wiring or fuses while the unit is connected.
Do I need to worry about overcharging the Road Warrior?
It is safe to leave the Road Warrior plugged in indefinitely. The battery will not overcharge.
The music is distorted or has too much bass. What can I do?
If the sound is distorted, Try lowering the volume control of your sound source, musical instrument, or microphone. Also, try lowering the overall volume of the Road Warrior using the Master Volume knob.
If there is too much bass, try adjusting the tone or EQ control on your sound source to lower the bass level. This will allow you to play the music louder before clipping (distortion) occurs.
The mic is causing a high-pitched whistling noise. How do I stop it?
This is probably feedback. Be sure to point the microphone away from the speaker, or stand behind the speaker with the mic.
I can't hear the microphone over the music. What is wrong?
This is likely caused by the audio source. Turn down the volume on the audio source itself and you should be able to hear the microphone just fine.
I can hear the AUX input while I'm listening to the radio. Is this normal?
This is completely normal. When you use the SOURCE button to switch the radio on and off, make sure that you stop or unplug your AUX source. If you do not stop the playback of your AUX source, it will continue to play over the radio.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
- Dimensions:75” x 27” x 13”
- Weight:29 lbs
- Woofer:(2) 10” woofers
- Tweeter:(2) 1” tweeters
- Power:500 W (Peak)
- Frequency Response:70 Hz – 20 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Bluetooth Range:Up to 100 ft
- Microphone Type:Dynamic microphone
- Aux Input:1/8” line-level
- Battery Type:12V 7.0Ah
- Battery Life:Up to 12 hours (no lights), up to 9 hours (solid lights)
- Charge Time:Up to 8 hours
- Power Cable (AC):Standard IEC (10A)
- Power Cable (DC):5V, 10A DC car adapter charger. Barrel size: 5.5 mm
- USB Charge Port:USB; 5V, 2.1A
- Radio Frequency:Range US: FM 87.5 – 108 MHz
- Road Warrior
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) audio cable
- AC Power cable
- DC 12V Power Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual